A quiet family camping by lake Mjøsa.
Sveastranda Camping is open the whole year and can offer the following facilities:
- New sanitary building with family room, nursery room, kitchen etc. (ready May 2010).
- 33 cabins for rent (11 with shower and toilet). 3 of very high standard with tiled bathroom, widescreen TV, dishwasher and electric cooker.
- 300 spots for tents and caravans with separate tourist area by lake Mjøsa
- Service facilities with a kiosk/grocery store. Fresh bread and rolls every day from May 20th until August 20th.
- Free wireless internet connection on parts of the campsite.
You can find the following activities on the campsite:
- Large playground
- Good swimming facilities
- From approx. June 20. - August 20.(Depending on water levels):
Rental of motor boats, paddling boats, canoe, rowing boats and life jackets.
- Good fishing opportunities in Mjøsa and in Stokkelva
- Football field
- Sand volleyball ground
- Excellent hiking facilities
Sveastranda Camping is beautifully situated along the lake, only 12 km north of the town Gjøvik and 3 km south of the “Mjøsbrua” bridge where road no. 4, linking the lake towns, Gjøvik, Lillehammer and Hamar, crosses the lake.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good14
- Gunter DGrafingTrip Type:FamilyExcellent campground with great facilities21/08/2016We camped here with a tent. The tent site are located by the lake, which is great, the facilities are in very good shape and everything is nice and clean. The price is slightly higher than in other... Read full review
- davidhughtaylorMelbourne, AustraliaTrip Type:FamilyNice stop place to/from oslo29/06/2017situated on the quiet side of the big lakes north of Oslo, this lakeside campground makes a convenient stopping place if heading from/to the airport from the mountains and fjords further north. tent... Read full review
- Obelix12aFantastic05/08/2019Quiet and calm place. Very nice owners. This is the best place to recover and have a good time with familiy and friends. I will strongly recomend this place for everyone. Use the nature and take a... Read full review
- fishing possibilities
- nature trails
- boat rental
Nature and terrain
- bathing spot