Typisk Snertingdal – adventures close to nature
Typisk Snertingdal specialises in adventure tourism with nature in focus, and our vision is to provide sustainable and truly memorable experiences. Are you looking for something that will recharge the batteries and create memories for life? If so, we can tempt with exciting concepts and arrangements where you get to experience the forest at close range.
This is some of what we offer:
• Unique accommodation close to nature
• Walks through enchanting forests and beautiful marshland
• Picnics with style
Your own private tree-tent camp
Outdoor life is far cooler when the tent is suspended high above ground. Enjoy a comfortable sleep under the stars. Experience intense closeness to nature and create memories for life. Do you prefer to bring your own sleeping bag, or will you treat yourself to the luxury of a tent already prepped with soft duvets and pillows?
The tree tent is suspended between the trees using three anchor points, and thus avoids the moisture, uneven surface and creepy crawlies in the undergrowth. Each tent has a mosquito net and open view to the tree-tops and the sky. On ground level, the camp is equipped for basic outdoor cooking. The pot is of course ready as coffee is mandatory in the forest. Remember to bring plenty of chocolate!
Practical info about the tree-tent experience
Equipment in your private camp:
• Tree tent sleeping up to 3 adults (alt. 2 adults and 2 small children).
• "Hammock Lounge" right beneath the tent – with rope ladder the last metre up.
• Camping/gas stove or campfire pot for preparation of food/drink (appropriate for season and fire hazard)
• Coffee pot, pot/frying pan, and basic kitchen equipment suitable for outdoor cooking.
• Traditional outdoor toilet with pictures of royalty and hand-washing facilities.
• Bring your own sleeping bags and mats, or rent equipment appropriate for the season from Typisk Snertingdal.
Take comfort to another level with Hotelt De Luxe
If you prefer a soft transition from your own bed to outdoor life, you have the option to upgrade the comfort level to “hotel standard”. We will then equip the tent with mats, duvets, pillows and bed linen before you arrive, and all you have to do is crawl under the duvet and enjoy a comfortable night in the forest.
• You can either bring your own provisions or order this in advance.
• Pre-ordered picnic baskets for one or several meals will be ready and waiting at the camp on your arrival.
Our camps in Snertingdal
When choosing Typisk Snertingdal , the tents and camp will always be up and ready for you and your group. All our tents, hammocks, and associated equipment are original Tentsile products.
Tree-tent camp “Tjernet”
This tree-tent camp is located deep in the forest and has spectacular views of the marshland and forest tarn – a truly unique opportunity to enjoy the tranquillity, silence, and fresh air of the forest. We are happy to recommend spectacular forest hikes with the camp as starting point.
• Height above sea level: 700 metres
• Walking distance from road: approx. 1 km
Tree-tent camp “Åsgjerdet”
This tree-tent camp is located where civilisation ends and the wilderness begins. In front of you there are pastures, farms, hills, and distant mountains. Behind you there are miles and miles of continuous wild forest. A stroll around the farms in the area is also recommended.
• Height above sea level: 550 metres.
• Walking distance from road: approx. 300 metres.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
Enjoy a wonderful outdoor experience!
|Season (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|