Hoff church is a medieval church along the pilgrim trail St. Olav Ways, built between 1150 and 1200. It is the main church in Østre Toten. It was originally a basilica with a central nave and two aisles built in carved limestone. The church has been refurbished many times, in 1508, 1704, 1895 and 1952 and is now a long church. The church exterior was last refurbished in 2001, and the roof was replaced in 2010.
The altar piece was created by Laurits Lauritsen in 1664, and the motif is “the holy communion”. The pulpit is from 1829 and was built by Kristian Kloppen. The baptismal font is from 1703 and was made by Lars Borg. Hoff church has two church bells: one from 1662 and the other from 1761. The church organ is from 1959 and was built by the organ factory Norsk Orgel- og Harmoniumfabrikk. The church has a Virgin Mary altar on the left side of the chancel wall which was uncovered in recent times. Hoff church is well known for a number of portraits depicting priests associated with the church from 1401 to the present day. The church can seat 330 people.
The church exterior features a number of medieval figures carved into the stone wall. There are numerous legends associated with these figures.
Welcome to Hoff church!