Treetop cabin experience in Brumunddal
Norway's original treetop cabins are located in Ringsaker’s wilderness, 1.5 hour north of Oslo.
Our six huts in the forest provide an all-year-round treetop experience in close contact with nature, birds and squirrels.
This interesting and different manner in which to explore nature is suitable for both children and adults.
- See photos and practical info for each treetop hut
Intimate and cosy, with candles, sheepskin rugs, and wood burner – combined with the feeling of freedom of living high above ground.
On the terrace you can enjoy the tranquillity of nature and heat from the fire pit.
If you are patient, birds and squirrels may eat sunflower seeds directly from you hand.
Other activities on offer are paddling, climbing, biking, horse and sleigh rides / horseback riding, fishing, dog sledding, kicksledding, skiing, and snowshoe trips.
- Read more about adventures by the treetop huts
We also offer a cosy, wood-fired lavvo for hire – with room for up to 20 people.
Welcome to an exciting and unforgettable nature adventure!
Yours sincerely, Frode Schei & Ann-Mari Jahr – your treetop hut hosts
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2
- Stein HAsker, NorwayTrip Type:CouplesEnjoy the birds eating from your hand and totally quiet nights11/12/2018The cabin was comfortable two persons to eat and sleep, and can easily be used by four or even more if family with kids. There is also comfortable place with possibility for open fire outside the... Read full review
- 785yngvesStavanger, NorwayTrip Type:FamilyHimmelhytta exceeded our high expectations03/08/2019Family with 4 kids (4 to 13 years) staying in Himmelhytta. Primitive luxury in the trees 8m above the ground. The cabin got what you need. Lights run on 12V and stove/fridge on gas. No problems... Read full review
- AnnekarinengelstadTrip Type:FamilyGreat stay in a lavvo/ dwelling (big tent)29/08/2019We booked the lavvo for one night for 8 people, 2 adults and 6 children, coming from 3 different countries in Europe. It was great. The lavvo is located in the middle of the forest and is nicely... Read full review