Welcome to Gjøvik Olympic Cavern Hall
The Hall is the world’s largest subterranean auditorium and can only be found 120 metres underground. Time spent exploring this hockey arena and watching the local Gjovik Mammuts will wrap you in exhilaration meant for all travelers - hockey lovers or not. Thanks to the cavern hall, Gjøvik was voted as one of the Top 58 European Hockey Towns in 2018 and 2017 by Flight Network, Canada’s leading travel agency.
With Gjøvik Olympic Cavern Hall, it is easy to see why a trip to this town must include a hockey stop. Experience Norwegian culture and Scandinavian folklore carved into the architectural design and see yourself as the top nook and cranny voyager as the walls tower above.
During the summer the arena is open 7 days a week and is both unique and spectacular.
Want to know more?
Check out the Olympic Cavern Hall homepage
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good14
- mihais314Sighisoara, RomaniaTrip Type:Friends getawayGood please to remember Olympic history06/08/2018It was nice to see some old memories and memorabilia from various Olimpiu winter games The actual outfits and gear from the games. Nice way to spend 1 hour. Read full review
- SootyShearwaterMoss, NorwayTrip Type:Friends getawayThe Coolest Hockey Arena I've Been To02/10/2018I've been to a lot of hockey halls in my time and this is far away the coolest. It's not the biggest, but the most interesting. Built inside of a mountian for the 1994 Olympics this place is like no... Read full review
- DalaroeStockholm, SwedenOlympic sports arena build inside a hilltop in Gjovik08/09/2019The olympic arena was excavated in a hilltop in the middle of Gjovik. There is a 25m swingpool and also an ice hockey rink used as well as a concert hall. Quite impressing. Read full review
- ice hockey
- indoor ice rink
- food and beverage service
- pool - indoor
- Stiftelsen Miljøfyrtårn Eco-Lighthouse
|Gjøvik Olympic Mountain Hall (20 Aug 2018 - 21 June 2019)|
|Monday - Tuesday||16:00||- 21:00|
|Saturday - Sunday||10:00||- 16:00|